
Imago
INGLEWOOD, CA – JANUARY 05: Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo 19 walks off of the field after an NFL, American Football Herren, USA game between the Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams on January 05, 2025, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. Photo by Jordon Kelly/Icon Sportswire NFL: JAN 05 Seahawks at Rams EDITORIAL USE ONLY Icon250105803

Imago
INGLEWOOD, CA – JANUARY 05: Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo 19 walks off of the field after an NFL, American Football Herren, USA game between the Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams on January 05, 2025, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. Photo by Jordon Kelly/Icon Sportswire NFL: JAN 05 Seahawks at Rams EDITORIAL USE ONLY Icon250105803
The Seattle Seahawks are in the middle of a joint practice with the Tennessee Titans ahead of their second preseason game. However, the reigning Super Bowl champions were hit with unfortunate news on Friday after their fourth-year wide receiver went down with an apparent right knee injury. Shortly after the injury, head coach Mike Macdonald addressed the receiver’s condition and shared a concerning update.
Watch What’s Trending Now!
“Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo,” said Coach Macdonald during Friday’s pressers. “Seems like it’s going to be a serious knee. We’re going to get an image. But early returns just look like it’s a long-term injury. So that’s unfortunate…He’s a beast, man. He’s just a great football player, a great Seahawk. I think, hopefully, we reflected that in our investment in him. But we love him. We’ll be there beside him as he recovers. And pray it’s a speedy recovery. But we love him. We said a prayer for him. I just hate to see it.”
Considering that photo and video recordings during the team drill are prohibited, the extent of Bobo’s injury is still uncertain. Per the reporters available during the practice, the fourth-year receiver went down while trying to haul in a pass. Subsequently, he landed awkwardly and injured his right leg. As he struggled to put weight on his leg, Jake Bobo was ultimately carted off the field.
Bobo’s injury carries significant concern, as the Seahawks just signed him to a new deal. Seattle placed a right-of-first refusal tender on Bobo before free agency. However, after the Jacksonville Jaguars signed him to an offer, the reigning Super Bowl champs matched that deal. Per Over The Cap, Bobo signed a two-year, $5.5 million deal, including $4.5 million fully guaranteed.
After going undrafted in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Seahawks signed Bobo as an undrafted free agent. Since then, the 28-year-old has spent time on the offense as well as on the special teams. Across three seasons, Bobo has recorded 34 receptions for 323 yards and 3 touchdowns. At the same time, he remained a key piece on the special teams, recording 134 snaps (45%) during the 2025 season.
For now, it’s still unclear whether Jake Bobo will recover to play during the 2026 season. The Seahawks, meanwhile, have depth at wide receiver as well as in the special teams room. Earlier this offseason, Seattle signed Jaxon-Njigba to a contract extension after he earned the Offensive Player of the Year honors, making him the highest-paid wide receiver in the league.
Meanwhile, veteran Cooper Kupp is returning to play his second season with the Seahawks, with Rashid Shaheed and Tory Horton being the team’s top returning options behind Bobo.
Written by
Edited by

Antra Koul
