feature-image

Imago

feature-image

Imago

Why can’t plans play out as they are supposed to? Fans wait months, if not years, to watch their favorite boxers enter the ring and put on a show. However, sometimes, the long wait ends in disappointment. Sadly, something similar happened today! Oscar De La Hoya turned to social media to announce a piece of bad news regarding the upcoming Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte co-main event. 

Watch What’s Trending Now!

Ironically, the former world champion and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions was spotted on Instagram bragging about the undercard he has put together for the event. Now, the same post acts as an insult to injury, as he had to make the unfortunate announcement. Originally, the fight card included the likes of Shane Mosley Jr., Floyd Schofield, Ohara Davies, and Ismael Barroso. However, as ‘Golden Boy’ claims, two of those fighters won’t appear in the undercard. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar De La Hoya blames the delay in acquiring a Visa

Turning to X (formerly Twitter), ‘Golden Boy’ blamed the delay in acquiring a Visa for postponing the co-main event of fights. According to Oscar, the co-main event fight between Ohara Davies and Ismael Barroso will unfold at a later date. “Due to Visa delays, the fight between Ohara Davies and Ismael Barroso scheduled for this Saturday, December 2, will be postponed to a later date,” wrote Oscar.

The CEO of Golden Boy Promotions went on to suggest that further information about the postponed fight will be given in the future. Meanwhile, Oscar informed everyone that the co-main event would now be the fight between Floyd Schofield and Ricardo Lopez Torres. “More information will be made available in the coming weeks. @KidAustin11 will now be the co mainevent on the stacked card Dec.2,” wrote De La Hoya. While the co-main event got postponed, things between Garcia and Oscar Duarte are heating up.

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Duarte calls Ryan Garcia ‘Queen Ryan’

The highly anticipated comeback fight for Ryan Garcia is merely two days away. While there hasn’t been much bad blood between the two boxers, things may soon take a turn for the worse. While appearing in a recent promotional video from Golden Boy Boxing, the Mexican boxer threw shade at Ryan Garcia.

In the video, Duarte claimed that he was going to perform better than Ryan through superior speed and strength. “This December 2, I’m going to be stronger and faster than Ryan,” said the Chihuahua native. Later, he followed that with a taunting statement directed at Ryan Garcia. “Here in Mexico, for us, he’s ‘Queen Ryan.’ Here is where men are made,” said Duarte.

Also Read: “He Ain’t Gonna Make S**T”: Ryan Garcia Gives “$6 Million” Reason for Lashing Out at Teammate and Boxing Legend Over Their ‘Disrespectful’ Remarks

With the fight night just around the corner, Oscar De La Hoya makes an unfortunate announcement about the night’s co-main event. At the same time, things are heating up between Garcia and Duarte. So, it might just prove to be a night to remember! Who do you think will win in the upcoming fight between Oscar and Garcia? Does Duarte stand a chance? 

Watch This Story: Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte: Date, Time, Venue, Tickets, and Livestream

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Arijit Saha

ADVERTISEMENT