feature-image
feature-image

It’s not just the pros bailing at the last minute—even influencer boxer KSI is catching the ‘fight week flu’ right before stepping into the ring! After Daniel Dubois, Floyd Schofield Jr., and Daud Yordan, Olajide Olatunji aka KSI has pulled out his fight against controversial mixed martial artist Dillon Danis. In the meantime, WWE star Logan Paul seems to be catching stray insults.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

But let’s start from the beginning! It’s not the first time KSI was forced to pull out of a fight. Last year, KSI had to withdraw from the unique 2v1 tag team match against Slim Albaher and Anthony Taylor due to injury. This was supposed to be his first fight after losing to professional boxer Tommy Fury in 2023 via unanimous decision. But more interestingly, even Dillon Danis is no stranger to withdrawals. Back in January 2023, the pair was supposed to lock horns but Danis withdrew from the fight, claiming he was under-prepared. That put both fighters on equal footing, with one withdrawal each. Regardless, KSI and Danis were supposed to fight in Manchester on March 29. However, with days left in the fight, KSI revealed the news on social media through a lengthy video. 

ADVERTISEMENT

“Me versus Danis is just not going to happen March 29th, man. I’ve tried my hardest but my body has legit just given up. I’m currently in bed taking antibiotics just trying to recover,” KSI said in the video. “But I’m struggling, I’m coughing up greenish, yellow s*** all the time. My sinuses are hurting to the point where I need ibuprofen every day. The tensions headaches right here that I’m getting are more painful than you can imagine.”

Danis initially reacted to KSI’s withdrawal, stating, “I remember my first cold.” He also highlighted that KSI was fine just two weeks ago when he participated in the Sidemen Charity Soccer Match at Wembley Stadium. “Played in a full charity soccer match 2 weeks ago but has been ‘sick for 3 weeks’,” Danis added. However, if you know Danis, he is not done criticizing KSI just yeet.

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I feel bad for every fighter on the card and the fans who bought tickets,” the mixed martial artist wrote in an X post. He then roped in his former rival Logan Paul into the mix to help save the card. “Logan Paul, step up for your boyfriend who pulled out with the sniffles and let’s save the show, and everyone’s time and money.”

ADVERTISEMENT

It’s currently unclear who will replace KSI in the fight, but the chances of the replacement being Logan Paul are very low, especially because of their history. 

ADVERTISEMENT

KSI fight aside, what happened between Logan Paul and Dillon Danis?

Logan Paul and Dillon Danis faced off in a six-round heavyweight boxing match at the AO Arena in Manchester, which ended in chaos and disqualification. Throughout the build-up, Danis relentlessly trolled Paul and his fiance, Nina Agdal, fueling intense rivalry. In the ring, Logan Paul controlled the fight, landing heavy body shots and dominating most rounds, while Danis showed little boxing skill, often taunting and clowning around.

article-image

USA Today via Reuters

In the final round, Danis attempted an illegal guillotine choke on Paul, sparking a mass brawl. Security flooded the ring as Danis threw punches at them, and even Jake Paul got involved. The referee ultimately disqualified Danis, awarding the victory to Logan Paul. After the fight, Logan called Danis a “coward” and a “dirty human being,” expressing frustration with the chaotic ending. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Having said that, the influencer boxing scene is delivering exactly what it promised—a whole lot of drama with sprinkles of boxing. What are your thoughts on KSI’s withdrawal? Do you think Logan Paul would accept Danis’ challenge?

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Gokul Pillai

ADVERTISEMENT