feature-image

Getty

feature-image

Getty

Jake Paul has found himself in a weird spot with the Mike Tyson situation but may churn out a banger with his brother, Logan Paul instead. Following reports revealing ‘Iron’ Mike suffered a medical emergency during a Miami to Los Angeles bound flight, the 57-year-old suggested he was A-OK and ready to fight the former Disney star. 

Watch What’s Trending Now!

However, he was later advised by medical professionals to dial it down a little for the time being to avoid any further complications. It resulted in the July 20 Netflix exclusive fight being postponed to a yet-to-be-revealed date in 2024. In the meantime, ‘The Problem Child’ seems to have come up with an excellent idea, as he sarcastically accepted a fight callout from his older brother today. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Against his mother’s wishes, Jake Paul is ready to demolish his brother

Earlier today, WWE star and controversial social media personality Logan Paul hopped on X to rile up his brother into accepting a fight against him. Logan shared an image of them facing off each other, as he wrote, “So Mike Tyson’s out? I’ll step in and we can settle this once and for all.” A fight between the social media brothers has long been touted as the ultimate showdown to prove who is better among the duo.

While Jake Paul has continuously produced fights, albeit against mostly older— and out-of-their-prime opponents, Logan’s appearance in the ring has been scarce. Logan last entered the ring against Dillon Danis in late 2023, which produced one of the most disappointing fights in the history of boxing, if that can even be called a boxing match. 

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, Jake Paul is coming off back-to-back wins against lesser-known boxers Andre August and Ryan Bourland. Nevertheless, losing Mike Tyson, his key to a big money fight, ‘The Problem Child’ has decided to accept the challenge from his brother. Responding to Logan’s humorous post, Jake Paul in a similar vein wrote while also adding a condition to their fight: “Mom doesn’t want me to KO you but f**k it Loser has to change their last name.” Whether this will turn out to be an actual fight is doubtful, but Logan thinks he has always been a better boxer than Jake. 

Logan Paul reveals why Nate Diaz fought his brother

During an episode of Impaulsive, last year in August, the elder Paul brother seemed convinced he is better at boxing compared to his younger brother. This is in spite of Jake Paul’s much more attractive boxing record. Logan said, “I think I’m better than you and I think Nate [Diaz] chose you for a reason and I think everyone knows that…”

article-image

Getty

It’s worth mentioning that Logan Paul had fought Floyd Mayweather in an exhibition match last year, where Logan was captured on camera asking ‘TBE’ to take it easy, as the boxing legend had started unleashing carnage on the taller and heavier Logan Paul. Despite that, Logan Paul lamented during the podcast, “[I] went toe to toe eight rounds with the greatest boxer of all time… I’m tired of not being picked because you’re an easier fight.”

Having said that, there’s no doubt that if this fight turns out to be real, fans will flock to the arena to watch these two social media brothers duke it out to prove their superiority over one another. However, the big question is—is this a real callout or another promotional antic to distract the fans until Mike Tyson can get back in the ring? 

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Gokul Pillai

ADVERTISEMENT