feature-image
feature-image

Jake Paul wouldn’t like this one! Or even KSI, for that matter. In a recent twist of fate, his excellency Turki Alalshikh has declared he doesn’t want to host any more YouTube boxing events in Saudi Arabia. The update comes after a recent blow to Misfits Boxing, whose promotion license was revoked following PBA, claiming they consistently broke rules and regulations.

Watch What’s Trending Now!

However, as Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou gear up to face each other in the ring on March 8 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia, Alalshikh, the man behind accommodating such big fights has expressed his decision. The Saudi Royal made the shocking revelation in a recent interview with DAZN following the press conference held on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Turki Alalshikh wants real boxing

While speaking to Ade Oladipo from DAZN, the Saudi Royal openly detailed his desire to stop YouTube boxing from taking hold in Saudi Arabia. He suggested that there could be a separate section for influencer boxing, but in his heart, he wants to see real boxers enter the ring and showcase their talents.

“Please, we don’t want any YouTuber fights again. I don’t talk about names. I want fighters, real fighters. This is what I support. For me, inside my heart, I want the fighters,” said Alalshikh. It’s worth mentioning that the last YouTube event held in Saud was the fight between Jake Paul and Tommy Fury. However, this isn’t the only change the Saudi Royal has proposed for events in Saudi.

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Warren vs. Eddie Hearn

During Monday’s press conference, his excellency Turki Alalshikh put forth an interesting proposition for Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren. Both famed promoters have been bitter rivals in the past, but had shaken hands for the ‘Day of Reckoning’ event last year. The partnership grew as Alalshikh proposed a contest between them on Monday night.

“Two cards I want to do in [20]24, and I want to see it,” said Alalshikh. “The first card – it’s between Frank [and] Eddie. Each one of them will choose five fighters and do night against each other,” Alashikh proposed.

What’s more, both Hearn and Warren, seeing the success of the Saudi events, immediately agreed to the Saudi Royal’s terms. “Done, we [will] do that,” both agreed in symphony.

Also Read: “Get Rid of the Rest”: HE Turki Alalshikh Introducing New Undisputed Belt for Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk Winner Makes Fans Go Wild With Mixed Reactions

As the upcoming event in Saudi was kicked off on Monday, his excellency Turki Alalshikh dropped the bombshell of influencer boxers, eliminating their chances of making big money. However, what are your thoughts on the matter – do you agree with Alalshikh’s decision? 

Watch This Story: Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou real scorecard drawing all curtains from controversy

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Vishav

ADVERTISEMENT