feature-image

Getty

feature-image

Getty

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has been going through a rough patch in his life. Earlier this month, TMZ Sports reported that Chavez Jr. was arrested for possession of an illegal firearm. After being released from prison today, the son of the legendary fighter has finally spoken out about the entire situation. 

Watch What’s Trending Now!

However, his recent stint with the authorities wasn’t his first. Back in November last year, TMZ Sports reported that Chavez Jr. was taken to a Psych hospital after his wife, Frida Chavez, told authorities Chavez Jr. had taken several pills and might be a danger to himself. However, soon after his recent release, Ricardo Celis shared the first statement from Chavez Jr. on X (formerly Twitter). 

ADVERTISEMENT

Taste of freedom for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Previously, TMZ Sports reported Chavez Jr. was held at the jail in Van Nuys, San Fernando Valley, LA. After his release, Pro Box TV caught up with Chavez Jr, and as per the tweet from Ricardo Celis, Chavez told the reporter, “Everyone has what they deserve, but you know that I am a good person.” The incident happened over the last weekend when a fan informed the authorities that Chavez might be a danger to himself and others.

Following the call from the fan, the Los Angeles police department jumped into action as they visited Chavez Jr.’s home. According to TMZ Sports, Jr. allowed the authorities to enter his home, upon which they found a “ghost gun,” otherwise known as an untraceable firearm. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. also showed concern about his son’s well-being during a podcast back in October 2023.

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. on his son’s health

On December 30, a user on YouTube shared a series of videos Chavez Jr. had posted on his social media accounts. In the videos, Chavez castigated his father while calling him “trash” and accusing him of abusing him and his mother. However, while appearing in the Bromeando con los Rivera show from October earlier that year, Chavez Sr. expressed his thoughts about his son.

“I feel sorry for him because his children are little, and he’s not enjoying them. It hurts me that he’s going to go crazy, that he’s going to have an accident driving at 12-1 in the morning at full speed, that he’s going to have a heart attack from all the pills he takes,” said Chavez Sr. The situation is still developing; only time can tell what’s next for Chavez Jr.

Also Read: Who Is Frida Munoz? All You Need to Know About Julio Cesar Chavez Jr’s Wife Who Filed for Divorce

This was the first time Chavez Jr. had spoken about his arrest after being released from custody. More details about the incident are yet to be released. Until then, what do you think is happening to Chavez Jr? 

Watch This Story: Event Recap: Best Fights From Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Anderson Silva

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Arijit Saha

ADVERTISEMENT