feature-image

Imago

feature-image

Imago

Ryan Garcia is officially off social media, at least for now! Earlier today, news broke that Garcia’s X (formerly Twitter) account was terminated. However, before leaving social media, Garcia seemingly broke down during his final Instagram livestream, citing hurtful comments from fans regarding his controversial claims as the cause. 

Watch What’s Trending Now!

The 24-1 boxer is about to enter the ring against Devin Haney on April 20 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. So, many had speculated that all of his social media activity during the past few weeks was to promote his fight. However, as time passed, things kept accelerating instead of slowing down and that has led to Garcia’s emotional breakdown today, which an X user shared on the platform.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Garcia is upset no one is believing him!

After his livestream on Instagram ended earlier today, a user by the handle OutForTheCountTV shared a short clip from Garcia’s livestream. In the clip, Garcia is visibly overcome with emotion, shedding tears due to the recent events. Previously, he had made some outrageous claims about Bohemian Grove, Tupac Shakur, Antichrist, and aliens. 

So, when fans refused to believe his stories, Garcia suggested, “I just think it’s f**ked up, man… I am [trying to] shine [a] light on the darkness, and everybody thinks I am playing. Like, people saying like… bro, what the f**k is wrong with you.” 

Get the EssentiallySports Daily Newsletter. Stay ahead of the game with daily updates, exclusive stories, expert takes, and the biggest moments from the world's most popular sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Also Read: Ryan Garcia X (Formerly Twitter) Account Terminated? Fans Push ‘King Ry’ to Seek Mental Help Amid Uncertainty

Meanwhile, more bad news was waiting for Garcia regarding his upcoming fight against Devin Haney. And by the looks of things, that fight might be in danger of getting canceled. 

Garcia needs to pass a drug test to fight Devin Haney

During his live stream, the Victorville native revealed that the New York Boxing Commission ordered him to pass a mental health evaluation to fight Devin Haney. His response to the order was explosive, to say the least. A clip from Garcia’s livestream was shared by Boxing Kingdom on X today.

Addressing the predicament, Garcia stated, “I am [going to] sue NYC commission… [I asked them] ‘What [are] your premises for the mental evaluation?’ [They said] ‘your tweets and posts.’ So, [I said] ‘Is it not my US constitutional right to have free speech?’ Now, you [are trying to] mess with my constitutional rights. Now, I am [going to] sue you for the defamation of my character.”

It looks like Garcia’s past actions have come back to bite him in the behind. So, it will be interesting to see what happens next. Will Ryan Garcia be able to fight Devin Haney? Or Garcia’s tweets have sealed his fate to sit out of the fight? 

Read More: Ryan Garcia Continues to Drag Mike Tyson’s Name to Advocate for His “Constitutional Right” to Smoke Cannabis

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this with a friend:

Link Copied!

ADVERTISEMENT

Written by

author-image

Sudeep Sinha

4,781 Articles

Sudeep Sinha is a Golf Writer at EssentiallySports, covering the PGA Tour, LIV Golf, and the storylines around the sport's biggest events and names. He previously spent over two years writing in the Boxing department, where his fight-night coverage was featured on Sports Illustrated, Daily Mail, and Yahoo Sports, including his reporting on Ryan Garcia's career arc. On the golf beat, Sudeep covers tour news, player form, and the season-long storylines that shape the men's and women's game, from majors to the ongoing shifts in how professional golf is structured. That same appetite for detail that made his boxing coverage stand out now shows up in how he breaks down a swing change or a schedule shakeup for hardcore and casual fans alike. Outside work, he splits his time between reading, cycling, and following combat sports.

Know more

Edited by

editor-image

Snigdhaa Jaiswal

ADVERTISEMENT